The workshops that I create and facilitate empower people and organizations to work together to clarify and achieve their goals. I have connected and inspired people through many different events, including a monthly networking event for freelancers, a career information program that connects high school students with local professionals, and Tech-free Day, which challenged the people of San Francisco to disconnect from technology for a day.
I was certified as a Career Coach in the Creating a Life Worth Living methodology in both New York and San Francisco in 2004, and many of my workshops are based on this methodology.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Get Back to Work! at Sierra College, Thursdays 12:00pm – 1:00pm, September 9 – October 7 (virtual). Sign up on the Sierra College Community Education website — sign up for my email list to be notified about future workshops.
- Turn a Dream Into a Plan (co-teaching with School of Creation) COMING SOON TBD
Previous Workshops and Events
- Tech-free Day (San Francisco, CA 2010): A day to put away the screens and re-connect with friends and pleasure (sponsored by Bi-Rite Market and Good Vibrations)
- Swap-o-Rama-Rama (Portland, OR 2007): A combination clothing swap and DIY workshop to create new looks out of old clothing
- Break-up Boot Camp (Portland, OR 2007): Get over a romantic break-up in 4 weeks and re-build your self confidence!
- Brainstorming Brunch (Portland, OR, 2007; San Francisco, CA, 2003-2004): Brainstorming workshops where attendees worked together to find solutions to a variety of issues
- Girls Economic Power Day Career Panel (Palo Alto, CA 2005): Collaboration with a high school girl to develop and facilitate a panel presentation that educated female students about potential careers.
- Women’s Economic Power Day workshop (San Francisco, CA 2004): Co-facilitated a workshop that taught participants how to turn an idea into a plan.
Contact me if you would like me to design or facilitate a workshop or event for your organization.
Join my email list to find out about when new workshops are happening.
Career coaching can help if any of the following sound like you:
- You want to change careers, or just find a job, but have no idea what you want to do next.
- You know exactly what you would rather be doing in your career, but are not sure how to make the leap.
- You can’t decide between 2 or more career paths, or what step to take next.
- You have a dream, but can’t figure out how to get started or stay motivated.
- You tried to pursue a business idea or creative project in the past, but couldn’t stay focused enough to achieve your goals.
I guide participants individually or in small groups through a 6 to 12-week process, complete with hands-on exercises, discussions, and personal brainstorming on your particular predicament. By the end of the process you will have:
- Ideas for three possible futures
- An understanding of which jobs suit your unique abilities
- Invaluable techniques for creating your job or business
- A detailed action plan for the next 3-6 months
- A support structure to ensure your success
Coaching can happen in person, on the phone, or online. Contact me to request a FREE coaching consultation.
- Private coaching ($125/one-hour session): Want a little bit of help to get going in the right direction, make some new connections, or brainstorm a particular obstacle? This option is for you.
- Mini coaching package ($550 for Six 60-minute sessions): Ready to commit to a 6-week plan with individualized support to find your new career direction and create a plan to make it happen? Let’s do it!
- Whole enchilada coaching package ($995 for twelve 60-minute sessions): The whole enchilada gets you a deep dive into the Creating a Life Worth Living process, individualized support to find your new career direction and create a plan to make it happen and extra time to dig into areas that are interesting or troublesome for you.
- Coaching check-in* ($47/30-minute session): Did you already take my workshop? Do you want extra support to stay on track, brainstorm obstacles, make connections, or explore new career directions? This is for you!
- Check-in* package ($240 for six 30-minute check-ins): Want to commit to 6 weeks of individualized support and accountability to carry out your job search plan? This package will get you there.
*Check-ins reflect a 25% discount for students who have already taken a workshop with me .
“If not now, when? If not you, who?”— Hillel the Elder