Customer-focused writer and communications consultant with over 20 years of experience helping businesses and organizations strategize, execute, and communicate effectively. Deep expertise in the technology industry writing for Cisco, Lenovo Data Center Group, SGI, and VMware.
- Writing and Editing
- Marketing, Content + Business Strategy
- Project Management
- User Experience Consulting
Writing and Editing
- Currently: Tell customer stories, share sales best practices, write SEO-enhanced website content for a technical B2B audience, write thought leadership articles for clients including senior VPs at Cisco and Lenovo. Articles appear in magazines and newspapers, and on high-profile websites including executive LinkedIn profiles and the World Economic Forum site.
- Developed editorial calendars, content strategies, competitive analyses, and content gap analyses, wrote and edited content for a full range of marketing communications on multiple platforms.
- Wrote all inaugural website content for a $40 billion San Francisco-based wealth management firm and a fiscal sponsor that manages over $18 million in revenue.
- Writing samples include: blog posts, newspaper articles, magazine articles, biographies, e-newsletters, customer spotlights, website content.
- Content technology skills: Bronto, Constant Contact, HTML, iContact, NetSuite, OptimizePress, Survey Monkey, WordPress.
Marketing, Content, Business Strategy
- Currently: Acting as the Outreach Program Manager for a tech-related nonprofit. Developed and currently executing on a plan to engage and connect local tech and manufacturing business leaders through a nonprofit advisory council.
- Developed and executed content strategies and marketing plans for several clients, oversaw the design and production of digital and print-based marketing materials.
- Wrote strategic plan for an e-commerce company and managed the adoption and execution of this plan, including the launch of a new affiliate program. Result in a 5% increase in the profit margin in one year.
- Executed the marketing and communications plan and produced all communications for an executive event (500 attendees) and engineering Webcast (3500 attendees) at Intel.
- Co-created a marketing strategy that unified a five-school district (Nevada Joint Union High School District) under a new, cohesive brand, and improved the reputation of the schools.
- Created and managed project work plans for website re-designs, acting as the primary liaison between clients, the production team, and third-party vendors.
- Managed the content aspect of website re-designs: performed content audits, gathered, edited, and created new content, managed freelance designers and developers.
- Developed, implemented, and evangelized a Web-based project management tracking system for SGI.
- Produced school food summit, tech and manufacturing business summits, technology lecture series.
User Experience Consulting
- Researched and developed strategic recommendations for corporate and nonprofit web sites, advised clients on best practices and optimization of customer experience.
- Performed user experience evaluation and competitive analysis, and advised on website user experience for a fiscal sponsor (Trust for Conservation Innovation).
- Worked with business units at AIG to help define strategy and goals for their Web presence.
- Identified gaps in the user flow for job applications at AIG; made recommendations to improve the user experience.
- Analyzed customer e-mail at SGI; recommended and implemented changes that reduced email from an average of 300 to 160 messages per week.
AIG, Autometrix, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Lenovo, Liz Claiborne, Nevada County Economic Resource Council and Tech Connection, Nevada Joint Union High School District, Robertson Stephens Advisors, Safeway, SGI, Sierra Commons, Sierra Harvest, TraitWare, Trust for Conservation Innovation, VMware, Wells Fargo Bank, and several smaller companies and nonprofits.
Freelance Writer and Communications Consultant (San Francisco, CA and Nevada City, CA 2010 – present)
Director of Education, Floracopeia (Grass Valley, CA January 2016 – May 2016)
Marketing Specialist, Floracopeia (Nevada City, CA January – December 2015)
Communications and Events Coordinator, Sierra Harvest (Nevada City, CA 2013-2015)
School Food Program Coordinator, Live Healthy Nevada County (Nevada City, CA 2011-2013)
Experience Design Consultant, Isobar/Molecular (San Francisco, CA 2007-2009)
Freelance Website Project Manager (Jersey City, NJ; Portland, OR; and San Francisco, CA 2005-2007)
Freelance Content Strategist (San Francisco, CA 2004-2005)
Website Project Manager, EnterComm Interactive (San Francisco, CA 2003-2004)
Freelance Marketing Consultant (New York, NY and Parsippany, NJ 2001-2003)
Content Strategist, Scient (San Francisco, CA 2000-2001)
Web Content Manager/Editor, SGI (Mountain View, CA 1996-1999)
- Teaching Credentials, Multiple Subjects and English (UC Davis, 1993)
- BA, English (UC Davis, 1991)